Item Code: CON-1Q699
Purcell designed a canvas and rubber badminton sneaker for the B.F. Goodrich Company of Canada in 1935. He designed the shoe to provide more protection and support on badminton courts. In the 1970's, Converse purchased the trademark rights to Jack Purcell sneakers - which it still produces and sells today. The shoe, which is similar in appearance to Converse's Chuck Taylor All-Stars, can be distinguished by the signature "smile" across the toe. Converse "Jack Purcells" are still popular - but more for their vintage fashion appeal than for athletic use
- The timeless Jack Purcell® CP sneaker has gone virtually unchanged since the '30s—leaving you with that classic vintage feel and look.
- Durable canvas uppers.
- Canvas lining and a removable EVA insert.
- Traditional lace-up front with metallic eyelets detail.
- Signature Jack Purcell "Smiley Face" detail on a rubber toe box.
- Rubber-wrapped midsole with medial-side air vent holes and Jack Purcell heel patch.
- Classic light-blue rubber outsole.